Universal 3100 learning zen remote control
This remote control allows you to operate different devices like TV, home theater, receiver, DVD, etc. This universal 3100 learning zen remote control 8 IN 1 LEARNING can copy any remote to act as a learning remote.
Congratulations! Your Unniversal 3100 Remote Control (URC) is a state-of- the-art device which integrates many different infra-red remote controls to deliver instant A/V action to your fingertips.
Before operating the remote, please read thoroughly (1) the interior of the coversheet and (2) this manual. Then reserve them for future reference.
1.HOW TO INSTALL BATTERIES
Alkaline batteries are recommended. The number of battery required is stated at the back of the coversheet.
1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your URC.
2. Observe the polarity of the batteries and the “+/-” marks inside the battery compartment.
3. Insert the batteries.
4. Push the battery cover back in place.
1.1 Battery Low
If the indicator flashes twice slowly after your invoking of any command, it shows that the battery level is low. You must replace them with new batteries to ensure proper functioning.
2.HOW TO SET UP THE URC
2.1 By entering Device Code
You may setup the URC by the following code entering instructions.
1. Refer to the DEVICE CODE LIST, look up the 4-digit Device Code which corresponds to the brands of your A/V equipment. If there are more than one Device Code listed under your brand, try from the first code.
2. Press a desired Device Mode Key (e.g. TV).
3. Hold down “CH+ ” and ” VOL-” keys on the URC together simultaneously for 2 seconds until the indicator lights up.
4. Use the number keys 0-9 to enter your 4-digit Device Code, the indi- cator should go out immediately.
Turn on your device (e.g. TV), try the function keys on the URC. If your device (e.g. TV) responds to your invoked function correctly, you have entered the right Device Code. Otherwise, repeat the above setup instructions with the rest available Device Codes until your device (e.g. TV) responds to your in- voked function, and most keys work correctly.
*Simply repeat the above procedures to enter the Device Codes for your VCR, SAT, DVD or CTV. (Remember to press a correct Device Mode Key in step 2 above)
-DVD, CTV and other Device Codes can be entered into any device modes except “TV” & “VCR” modes. Just simply press the device mode key and enter your 4-digit device code for DVD, CTV and other devices. If the indicator flashes 6 times in step 4, a wrong Device Code has been entered. You are required to repeat step 2 to 4 again.
-Entering a new pre-programmed Device Code will automatically erase and replace all learned commands in the chosen device mode.
–If you cannot find a correct Device Code for your equipment, see ” 2.2 By Searching Through the Library“.
-You are recommended to jot down your Device Codes in the space pro- vided on back label after setting up the URC correctly for future reference.
2.2 By Searching Through the Library
If you cannot identify a correct Device Code for your equipment from the Device Code list, you may search the code through the library
1. Turn on your device manually (e.g.TV).
2. Press a desired Device Mode Key (e.g. TV), the indicator will flash once.
3. Hold down “CH+ ” and ” VOL-” on the URC together simultaneously for 2 seconds until the indicator lights up.
4. Enter a corresponding Magic Search Code from following table. The in- dicator should go out immediately.
|MAGIC SEARCH CODE:||0001||0002||0003||0004||0005|
(e.g. press TV device mode key, then press “CH+ ” and ” VOL-“, and enter TV Magic Search Code 0001.)
5. Press the same desired device mode key again as in step 2 above. (e.g. TV
6. Hold down” CH+ ” & ” VOL- ” together simultaneously for 2 seconds until the indicator lights up, and your URC is ready to start searching.
7. Aim the URC at your device (e.g. TV), press the ” ” key repeatedly, slow and patiently until the device has been turned off.
*Once your device has been turned off, hold down Device Mode Key (e.g.TV) to lock in code and the indicator will flash twice and turn off.
Simply repeat the above setup procedures to search the Device Code for your VCR, SAT, DVD or CTV. (Remember to press a correct Device Mode Key and correct Magic Search Code in step 2-5 above.)
-If the power on/off function of your device is not infra-red controlled – you need to follow steps 2 to 6 above and start searching :-
-Press “” and another important function key alternately until your device responds to the expected function, hold down Device Mode Key (e.g. (TV) to lock in the code.
e.g. Press”Power Button “&”1” alternately, or;
Press “Power Button”&”Play Button’alternately.
-DVD, CTV and other device codes can be searched and locked into any device modes except “TV” & “VCR” modes. Just simply press the corresponding device mode key in step 2 & 5 and enter an appropriate Magic Search Code for your DVD, CTV and other devices.
-Each time you press the “”, the URC will skip to the next code and send out a POWER signal trying to turn off your device.If you failed to stop pressing”” in time when your device has been turned off, turn on your device again immediately. Before the indicator goes out, press “A” on the URC to skip backward. Repeat the step 7 above and lock in code.
– If the indicator flashes 6 times after your pressing of ” ” key, you are already at the last code of the library. Press “CH+ ” and ” VOL-“to resume the URC and repeat carefully the above procedures to search again.
3.1 By Learning Commands
Your URC is factory preprogrammed to operate your TVs, VCRS, SATS, CTVS & DVDs. Due to the limited number of keys, some minor functions may not be included. You may teach your URC with the original A/V remote to operate any excluded function by your choice.
Besides the preprogrammed devices, you may also teach your URC to operate other infra-red controlled equipment and appliances, such as HiFi or air conditioners etc.
Your URC can learn and reproduce up to 240 commands from other re- mote controls. All 8 Device Modes (TV, VCR, DVD, SAT, CTV) can be taught to operate additional commands:-
1. Press a desired device mode key (e.g. (TV), the indicator will flash once.
2. Hold down “CH+ ” and ” VOL-” keys on the URC together simultaneously for 2 seconds until the indicator lights up.
3. Enter Magic Learn Code-0000, the indicator will flash once, and then keep on and your URC is ready to learn commands.
4. Aim your A/V remote control to the URC Infra- red Lens on a flat surface, with 5-8 cm apart. Make sure your A/V remote control is with fresh batteries.
5. Press and release a desired key on the URC you want to hold the command.
6. Press and hold the corresponding key on your A/V remote control to transfer the command. The indicator will flash once and keep on, the command has been learnt successfully, you can release the key on the A/V remote control. If the indicator flashes 6 times, it shows error in learning process. Ajust the position of both remote controls and repeat steps 5 to 6 again.
7. Repeat steps 5 to 6 to transfer other signals into next function key. When you finish the whole device mode, press the same device mode key (e.g. TV) again to store your setting. The indicator will then turn off.
3.2 Advance Learning-Teaching a Dual Signal
If you found a learned command work for your A/V equipment only occasionally, your original remote control may contain dual signals. Try the following steps to reprogram this command:-
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 of section” 3.1 By Learning Commands”.
2. Press and release a desired key on the URC you want to hold the command. Now, the backlight will turn off and the indicator will flash twice and then keep on.
3. Press and hold the corresponding key on your A/V remote control to transfer the command. The indicator will flash once and then keep on. The first signal has been transferred successfully and you can release the key on the A/V remote control.
4. Press and release the same button on the URC again. The backlight will turn off and the indicator will flash twice and then keep on.
5. Press and hold the same corresponding key on your A/V remote control until the backlight will turn on and the indicator flashes once and then keeps on. The dual signal command has been transferred successfully.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 of this procedure to transfer other signals if there is any.
7. When finished, press the same Device Mode Key again to store your setting. The indicator will turn off.
|Warning: Entering a new pre-programmed Device Code will automatically erase and replace all learned commands in the chosen device mode.|
– Do not attempt to learn additional commands with the Device Mode Keys and the SHIFT key. They will not hold commands by themselves. Each function key will hold one command only, a new command to be learned will automatically erase and replace the previous one.
-If you have accidentally pressed an unexpected key in step 5 above, you have to wait 30 seconds until the indicator goes out and the URC will go back to normal operation. You may repeat the above procedures to setup the URC again.
-If the indicator flashes 6 times during the transference of signals, this tells you the memory bank is full. Press the same device key again to resume normal operation. (You may erase the learned commands in a device mode and make room for any new signal. See ” Warning” above.
4 OPERATING THE URC
4.1 Normal Operation
Once you have set up the URC for your A/V equipment, it works like your origi- nal remote controls. To operate, just aim it at your equipment, press an appro- priate device mode key and invoke the desired function by pressing a corre- sponding key on the URC. The indicator flashes during signal transmission and as confirmation of key touch.
4.2 Punch Through
Punch through allows you to operate TV’s volume and mute functions without having to switch the device modes repeatedly even when your URC is in other operating modes.
5 ADVANCED OPERATION
5.1 Secondary Function
Symbols of secondary function are printed in different colors on the panel, and a SECONDARY FUNCTION TABLE is included in the interior page of the coversheet. To invoke a secondary function, press (SHIFT) followed by a corre- sponding function key.
5.2 Secondary Device Mode
1. If you intend to operate more than 3 (or 4) equipment with your URC, you may search/enter the additional device codes.
Following all standard procedures in setting up the URC (See 2 HOW TO SET UP THE URC), press (SHIFT) followed by a desired device mode key to enter a secondary device mode. All settings will be stored in the shift bank of such device mode.
2. To invoke functions stored inside the shift bank of a device mode, press SHIFT followed by the device mode key, your URC will stay on that particular operating mode.
1. Do not expose your URC to dust, strong sunlight, humidity, high temperature or mechanical shock.
2. Do not use old and new batteries together as old batteries tend to leak.
3. Do not use corrosive or abrasive cleansers on your URC.
4. Keep the unit dust free by wiping it with a soft, dry cloth.
5. Do not disassemble your URC, it contains no user-serviceable parts.
Q.1 My URC does not work at all!
Ans. Check your A/V device, if the device’s main switch is turned off, your URC could not operate your device.
Ans. Check whether your batteries are inserted properly and are in correct +/- A. Check whether you have pressed the corresponding device mode key for your device. marks.
Ans. If the batteries are low, replace the batteries.
Q.2 If several Device Codes listed under the brand of my A/V device, how can I select the correct Device Code?
A. To seek the correct Device Code for your A/V device, test the code one by one until most keys work properly
Q.3 My A/V equipment responds only to some of the commands.
A. You have set a code for which only some commands work properly but some do not. Try other codes until most keys work properly.
Q.4 My URC indicator shows error in learning commands from other A/V remote control.
ANS. Make sure the learning procedures are carried out in an environment free from direct sunlight and/or strong light.
ANS. Clean the IR transmission lens from your A/V remote and try again.
ANS. Check the batteries inside the A/V remote control. If the batteries inside the A/V remote control are weak, the URC cannot learn proper command.
ANS. Make sure the distance between the A/V remote and your URC is remained the same throughout the whole learning procedures.
Q.5 Some learned commands in my URC do not work.
ANS. Those signals are not learned properly. Try to teach your URC again for those functions.
ANS. Check the batteries inside both A/V remote and your URC, if the batteries are weak, the URC cannot learn proper command, you have to replace all batteries for proper functioning.
Controla hasta 8 dispostos Manejo muy sencillo.
Learning capability : (all brands and models)
Elegant minimalist design Backlit buttons.
Controls up to 8 devices Very easy to use.
36 MONTH GUARANTEE
What is Learning Remote Control Concept?
Here are some steps to help you learn how to use the remote control:
Read the manual: Most remote controls come with a manual that gives instructions on how to use it.
Identify Buttons: Identify the buttons on the remote control and what they do.
Test Buttons: Test each button on the remote control to familiarize yourself with its function.
Learn Codes: If the remote control is programmed to control multiple devices, learn the codes for each device.
Experiment: Experiment with the remote control to discover the full range of its capabilities.
Replace Battery: If the remote control does not work, replace the battery to see if it fixes the problem.
Get help: If you’re still having trouble, you can contact the manufacturer or consult online resources for additional help.
UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL (URC)
This URC is pre-programmed in the factory. It replaces up to 8 separate controls to operate your infra-red controlled televisions (TVs), video cassette recorders (VCRs), satellite receivers (SATs), cable TV converters (CTVs) and digital video disc players (DVDs). Simply entering correct device codes for your equipment and your URC is ready to use. A DEVICE CODE LIST is included in the booklet – ÓPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.
Before operating the remote, please read thoroughly (1) this coversheet and (2) the manual. Then reserve them for future reference.
For this remote, 3 fresh AAA size alkaline batteries are required (not included).
1. Infrared Transmitter
2. Status Indicator
3.Device Mode Keys
4. Function Keys
5. Battery Compartment
How to copy other remote
Follow This Simple Step to Copy
1.Insert 3 AAA Size Battery.